Umoja News and Updates | Look inside for information on the 2016-2017 leave cycle, FAQs, Umoja login and more
RECORDING AND APPROVING TIME REQUESTS
The Office of Human Resource Management (OHRM) has issued a detailed broadcast with important guidance on responsibilities recording and approving time requests. As we approach the end of the 2016-2017 leave cycle, all staff are reminded that they must ensure complete and accurate information has been recorded in Umoja in relation to their absences from the office. Monitoring is being undertaken to review compliance in Umoja.
For the complete message and guidance in English and French, please take a look at the broadcast here.
Take a look at the Umoja FAQs page for answers to the most frequently asked questions. Recent updates are under the ESS/MSS and UNDP Financial Authorizations topics:
- ESS/MSS – How far backwards or in advance can I enter or edit a leave request?
- UNDP Financial Authorizations – Why can’t I issue a Financial Authorisation related to an AP Document (FV60 MIR7)?
A reminder on how to conveniently access Umoja:
- From the umoja.un.org homepage, click on either of the "Login to Umoja Self-Service" or "Login to Umoja Production Systems" icons.
- From the iSeek homepage, click on the "Umoja" tab on the top right of the screen, and select "Umoja Self-Service" or "Umoja Production Systems"
- Use the orange Umoja icon on your desktop computer (UNHQ only).
- Or just go to the Umoja Self-Service portal https://selfservice.umoja.un.org or Umoja Production Systems https://login.umoja.un.org
Kindly note that if in addition to your Employee Self-Service (ESS) role you also have a Manager Self-Service (MSS) or other role, when logging in remotely (not in the UN network) you will be redirected to the Umoja Production Systems. For step-by-step instructions, please take a look at the Umoja Login Guide. Also, please keep in mind that Umoja is currently supported on Internet Explorer only; Chrome browser and Mac devices are not guaranteed to work.
TRAVEL TIPS AND WORKAROUNDS
Do you know where to find Travel updates? Visit the Travel Tips and Workarounds page for the latest questions, presentations and documents as well as information on the most recent fixes and enhancements to the Travel Management and Travel Finance module.
Umoja Job Aids offer the most up-to-date guidance to successfully run transactions using Umoja. Please visit the Job Aids page often to ensure you are using the most recent version of any needed document.
New MIP ASHI – Mini Master for Retirees
New MIP ASHI – Mini Master for Survivors and Beneficiaries
New Receivable Vendor Credit Memo
For additional guidance, also review the new training presentation After Service Insurance under the UN Medical Insurance Plan (ASHI MIP), under Payroll and Benefits in the Transactional User training page.
Updated Maintain Position
Detailed description and guidance on the latest enhancements to the Umoja solution are available in the Release Notes page.
The Umoja News and Updates is available 24/7 online and on PDF.