Umoja News and Updates | Umoja Blackout in effect this weekend
REMINDER: UMOJA BLACKOUT AND ROLE FREEZE
The first Umoja blackout period is starting today Friday 18 August at 6 pm NY Time (Saturday 19 August 2017 at 00:00 CET). Similalry, the Role Freeze for Source to Acquire roles will also start today.
The downtime supports preparations for the upcoming Galileo Decommissioning Project (GDP) deployment. For detailed guidance, please see OPPBA's official Umoja/GDP Blackout and Roles Freeze memo, posted in iSeek. For easy reference, download the blackout flyer here.
UMOJA BLACKOUT PERIODS
Staff will not be able to perform any transactions in Umoja, including Finance, ESS/MSS, and Travel. Payroll will remain available to identified personnel.
- First blackout starts this Saturday 19 August 2017 at 00:00 CET until Sunday 20 August 2017 at 23:59 CET (Friday 18 August from 6:00 pm to Sunday 20 August 5:59 pm NY Time).
- Second blackout starts on Thursday 31 August 2017 at 00:00 CET until Monday 4 September 2017 at 23:59 CET (Wednesday 30 August 6:00 pm to Monday 4 September 5:59 pm NY Time).
ROLES FREEZE FOR SPM AND PK USERS/FUNDING
The Roles freeze affects all PKs and SPMs, as well as DFS staff receiving goods in Umoja on behalf of missions, and including HQ staff serving these missions:
- Currently in effect: from Friday 21 July 2017 at 23:59 CET to Monday 4 September at 23:59 CET (Friday 21 July from 5:59 pm to Monday 4 September 5:59 pm NY Time). All Goods Receipt activity for PK Missions and SPMs will be suspended in Umoja, however Service Entry Sheets are not affected, until the start of the second freeze.
- Saturday 19 August starting at 00:00 CET to Monday 4 September at 23:59 CET (Friday 18 August from 6:00 pm to Monday 4 September 5:59 pm NY Time). Freeze applies to specific Source to Acquire roles for users in PK/SPM entities:
- SA.03 Source to Acquire Buyer
- SA.06 Source to Acquire Buyer Supervisor
- SA.08 Source to Acquire LVA
- SA.09 Source to Acquire Bid Floor Admin
- SA.16 Source to Acquire Approver Procurement
The Galileo Decommissioning Project (GDP), part of Phase 1 of Umoja Extension 2 (UE2), was launched to assist the UN Peacekeeping and Special Political Missions transit from their current inventory and fleet management system (Galileo), to the UN's enterprise resource management system (Umoja). Once the project is deployed at the beginning of September 2017, the Missions will use Umoja to manage all logistic and service delivery operations. For more information and updates about GDP, visit the Field Support website.
AUGUST ESS/MSS PAYROLL LOCK STILL IN EFFECT
As part of the August payroll processing, specific Umoja self-service functionality are temporarily unavailable.
The ESS/MSS freeze schedule is still in effect for the following area:
- NY based Professional and higher category & other staff (I1, SS, SC and SW) pay areas: from Wednesday, 16 August at 5pm (NY time) to Tuesday, 22 August at 9am (NY time).
For full details, click here.
NEW GDP RESOURCES AVAILABLE
The GDP Team continues to review, update and disseminate informative materials to support SPM and PK mission staff during the transition. Please take a look at the latest resources available in the Umoja DFS Field Support page:
- Equipment Lifecycle Roadmap
- Recurring Equipment Events Roadmap
- Update and Assign Equipment Cheat Sheet (updated)
- Create and Approve Notifications Cheat Sheet
- Inventory & Warehouse:
- Receiving/Issuing Goods Roadmap
- Create and Approve Reservation Cheat Sheet
- Goods Issue Cheat Sheet
- Warehouse Management Cheat Sheet
Stay tuned to the DFS Field Support page and the Umoja newsletter for more updates! If you have any questions, please email the GDP Team at GDP@un.org.
GOODBYE GALILEO…HELLO UMOJA
GDP go-live is almost here! As of 5 September 2017, all Peacekeeping and Special Political Missions will conduct their logistics, inventory, warehouse and property management in Umoja. Ahead of the deployment, the GDP team has made available the official GDP go-live poster. Download it here.
A go-live event is planned in MINUSMA to mark the occasion. Stay tuned for more details.
Umoja Job Aids offer the most up-to-date guidance to successfully run transactions using Umoja. Please visit the Job Aids page often to ensure you are using the most recent version of any needed document.
Funds and Cost Management
New FM/GM - AVC Override requests
Grants and Project Management
New Interim Financial Report to Donor Umoja+IMIS
Are you interested in the latest enhancements to the Umoja solution? Visit the Umoja website for the most recent system changes included in the Umoja Release Notes.
The Umoja Team