Second Umoja Blackout and new GDP information
REMINDER: SECOND UMOJA BLACKOUT
Many thanks to the Galileo Decommissioning Project (GDP) and Umoja Teams for successfully completing the first Umoja Blackout this past weekend!
Final GDP deployment activities are diligently underway, which will require a second Umoja Blackout starting on Thursday 31 August 2017 at 00:00 CET until Monday 4 September 2017 at 23:59 CET (Wednesday 30 August 6:00 pm to Monday 4 September 5:59 pm NY Time).
During the blackout, staff will not be able to perform transactions in Umoja, including Finance, ESS/MSS, and Travel. For detailed guidance, please see OPPBA’s official Umoja/GDP Blackout and Role Freeze memo, posted in iSeek. For easy reference, download the blackout flyer here.
ONGOING ROLE FREEZE FOR SPM AND PK
- Currently in effect: from Friday 21 July 2017 at 23:59 CET to Monday 4 September at 23:59 CET (Friday 21 July from 5:59 pm to Monday 4 September 5:59 pm NY Time).
- Currently in effect: from Saturday 19 August at 00:00 CET to Monday 4 September at 23:59 CET (Friday 18 August from 6:00 pm to Monday 4 September 5:59 pm NY Time). Freeze applies to specific Source to Acquire roles for users in PK/SPM entities:
- SA.03 Source to Acquire Buyer
- SA.06 Source to Acquire Buyer Supervisor
- SA.08 Source to Acquire LVA
- SA.09 Source to Acquire Bid Floor Admin
- SA.16 Source to Acquire Approver Procurement
The Galileo Decommissioning Project (GDP), part of Phase 1 of Umoja Extension 2 (UE2), was launched to assist the UN Peacekeeping and Special Political Missions transition from their current inventory and fleet management system (Galileo), to the UN’s enterprise resource management system (Umoja). Once the project is deployed at the beginning of September 2017, the Missions will use Umoja to manage all logistic and service delivery operations. For more information and updates about GDP, visit the Field Support website.
AUGUST ESS/MSS PAYROLL LOCK
A reminder that the ESS/MSS freeze schedule is still in effect for the following areas:
- NY based Professional and higher category & other staff (I1, SS, SC and SW) pay areas: from Wednesday, 16 August at 5pm (NY time) to Tuesday, 22 August at 9am (NY time).
For full details, click here.
NEW GDP RESOURCES AVAILABLE
The GDP Team continues to review, update and disseminate informative materials to support SPM and PK mission staff during the transition. Please take a look at the latest resources available in the Umoja DFS Field Support page:
- Equipment Lifecycle Roadmap
- Recurring Equipment Events Roadmap
- Update and Assign Equipment Cheat Sheet (updated)
- Create and Approve Notifications Cheat Sheet
- Inventory & Warehouse:
- Receiving/Issuing Goods Roadmap
- Create and Approve Reservation Cheat Sheet
- Goods Issue Cheat Sheet
- Warehouse Management Cheat Sheet
Stay tuned to the DFS Field Support page and the Umoja newsletter for more updates! If you have any questions, please email the GDP Team at GDP@un.org.
GOODBYE GALILEO…HELLO UMOJA
GDP go-live is almost here! As of 5 September 2017, all Peacekeeping and Special Political Missions will conduct their logistics, inventory, warehouse and property management in Umoja. Ahead of the deployment, the GDP team has made available the official GDP go-live poster. Download it here.
A go-live event is planned in MINUSMA to mark the occasion. Stay tuned for more details.
Umoja Job Aids offer the most up-to-date guidance to successfully run transactions using Umoja. Please visit the Job Aids page often to ensure you are using the most recent version of any needed document.
Funds and Cost Management
New FM/GM - AVC Override requests
Grants and Project Management
New Interim Financial Report to Donor Umoja+IMIS
Are you interested in the latest enhancements to the Umoja solution? Visit the Umoja website for the most recent system changes included in the Umoja Release Notes.
The Umoja Team