Umoja Mobile is live for staff at UNHQ and beyond
The Umoja team in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC) is pleased to announce the deployment of Umoja Mobile on 14 October at UN Headquarters in New York and offices away from Headquarters.
Umoja Mobile delivers a personalized and simplified user experience across all devices (mobile phones, tablets, notebooks and desktops).
Umoja Mobile was first offered in June 2019 to several representative entities to ensure that the new infrastructure would be optimal for the global deployment. The second deployment went live in October for staff at UN Headquarters in New York, offices away from Headquarters, regional commissions, tribunals and their corresponding field offices.
Umoja Mobile provides access to the following Umoja functions without having to use Citrix:
- Time & Attendance – quickly and easily apply for leave, check leave balances including home leave points, track the status of submitted requests, and approve leave requests.
- Pay Statements– conveniently view and print current and past pay statements.
Umoja Mobile is built on robust technology that will progressively support many more Umoja functions. All employee and manager self-service functions will be migrated incrementally to this new platform. Several new Umoja Extension 2 applications are also using this technology.
Umoja Mobile training is available online through iLearn Umoja and consists of three short courses:
1. Umoja Mobile – Accessing the Umoja Mobile App (for all staff) 2 minutes
2. Umoja Mobile – My Paystubs & Leave Requests (for all staff) 10 minutes
3. Approving Leave Requests Using Umoja Mobile (for time managers) 2.5 minutes
Umoja Mobile will be supported through the existing support model. First, approach your office’s Employee Self-Service (ESS) focal points. If your issue is not resolved, then open a Unite Service Desk ticket.
Umoja Mobile complements the functionalities that are already available in ESS and Manager Self-Service (MSS). Staff will continue to have full access to ESS and MSS.
Stay tuned to iSeek and our website for news on upcoming deployments and continuous improvements to Umoja.