What can I do if I need to make a change in an existing lease (e.g. a change in rent amount in the middle of the lease year)?

You need to curtail the end date of the existing rental subsidy request and create a new request reflecting the change(s) (e.g. the new rent amount). The start date of the new request will be one day after the end date of the previous request.