Umoja Release Note: 15 May 2016
Umoja Release Note # 2016-007
For the period 09 May2016 – 15 May 2016
Umoja System Changes
CS: TV - Travel Management
INTTRK-9591 (13 May 2016)
The DSA interface with the ICSC has been updated and corrected to now show the DSA rate for Chile - Elsewhere.
INTTRK-9260 (13 May 2016)
Defects with the "Reject" button have been fixed. Functionality corrected to liquidate all commitments and leave
the trip in a cancelled status where no further action may be taken.
INTTRK-8971 (13 May 2016)
The Visa Fees is presently not posted as part of travel request and is only being posted as part of travel claim. This
functionality is changed and it would be posted after Travel Request is approved as a part of travel request
FI: FI - Finance Other
INTTRK-9575 (13 May 2016)
The Business Area M029 for SPM Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Yemen was configured.
FI: TR - Treasury and Cash Management
INTTRK-9207 (11 May 2016)
This change addresses an issue where the Bank Signatory was not able to backdate the payment value date. This
applies to all EFT based payment media (ACH, MT103 and XML).
INTTRK-8649 (11 May 2016)
With this change we address the following items in the XML file format transmitted to the bank:
1) Completed the UN''''s address information by adding the street (issue raised by one Romanian bank).
2) Added additional remittance information, especially the tag "Payroll" for payroll payments (issue raised by
Lebanon and Kuwait). Please note that currently we only list one of multiple invoice references - this
condition will be fixed in a later update.
3) Added Tag 72 information for USCIP and remap OAFAC information as advised by Citibank.
4) Enabled bank chains for accounts with Swift/BIC for USCIP.
5) Added Tag 72 information for KESC2 to allow for Somalia payments to be fully automated on XML.
6) Send branch code for CACI1, NZCI1 and AUCI1 as a pre-condition to switch to XML.
7) Activated savings account indicator for files to BRCI1 and CLCI1.
INTTRK-9348 (13 May 2016)
Updated the ZTROPENITEMS report containing the following improvements:
1) Added message text from FPRL_LIST as additional information on the error.
2) Fixed the condition with payment method check, which now takes country and currency into account
when reading the house bank determination table.
3) Introduced two new checks for Sepa, one for payment method and one for IBAN (requested by UNOG).
4) Debits and credits now have correct algebraic sign allowing the user to subtotal by vendor to establish
5) Included new payment methods D and E .
6) The check on payment methods only triggers when bank country can be determined.
7) Minor label changes as requested by UNHQ.
HR: CT - Central Master Tables
INTTRK-9705 (13 May 2016)
1) Implement GS and NO salary scales, dependency allowance and language allowance for Haiti - scales are effective
1 Oct 2015. Revised scales will be implemented in May 2016 payroll.
2) Implement GS and NO salary scales, dependency allowance and language allowance for Papua New Guinea -
scales are effective 1 Feb 2015. Revised scales will be implemented in May 2016 payroll.
INTTRK-9638 (13 May 2016)
Implement revised GS and NO salary scales including dependency allowance and language allowance for Iraq
effective 1 Jan 2016. This will be implemented in May 2016 payroll.
HR: EN - Entitlements
INTTRK-7741 (13 May 2016)
WO/CCBREQ# WO-IM-1-3845341018 - CCBREQ-4354
Education Grant recovery report is being enhanced with following features:
a) Selection screen to include settlement date for additional filter criteria
b) Report layout to include settlement date
c) Popup message to confirm when email option is selected
HR: OM - Organization Management
INTTRK-9585 (13 May 2016)
Currently, the End date (ENDDA) of the OM Portal Organizational Unit (OU) Create form is modifiable, which means
that user can input any date. Normally, all OU should be set to 31.12.9999 as this affects all the relationships in the
create org unit. Consequently, positions that are created under this org unit will also be delimited to the ENDDA of
the OU, which affects the incumbent. There were numerous live cases in Production wherein Org Units were
created with an expiration date instead of 31.12.9999, which affected IT0001 of the incumbent.
As a solution, this enhancement will change the End Date of the form from a required to a non-modifiable field and
value will be defaulted to 31.12.9999.
INTTRK-8603 (13 May 2016)
With this enhancement to the Loan Position Form of the Org Management Portal, users will be able to return a
loaned position and to modify the duration of a position loan even when the current date (system date) is beyond
the expiry date of the Cost Distribution (infotype 1018) record valid during the loan period..
Example: a position''''s 1018 expires 31.12.2015. A loan relationship exists for the period 01.11.2015 to 31.12.2015.
Current system date is 15.01.2016. Previously, the system will not let the user return nor modify the loan period.
This is fixed by this enhancement.
HR: PA - Personnel Administration including Workforce Management
INTTRK-9603 (13 May 2016)
The iNeed / EIDMS interface for HR Master data has position title as one of the columns in the output. This position
title includes job code and since this is not desirable, a different field without the job code is included. This change
only impacts the outbound interface data and does not impact online processing.
HR: PY - Payroll
INTTRK-9607 (13 May 2016)
Description New wage type on IT0015 to release amounts of Repatriation Grant held in Trust. The amounts held in wage types 166T and 166U are released into the net pay.
INTTRK-6706 (13 May 2016)
New Health Insurance Wage Types have been created:
1) 3 Deduction Wage Types to be used when we need to deduct from the Staff Members 20% of the Medical
expenses (in situations where the staff member did not pay directly the hospital / medical institution for the 20% of
the cost that is at the charge of the staff member).
- WT# 6170: "MIP SM Share Henner"
- WT# 6171: "MIP SM Share Cigna"
- WT# 6172 "UNSMIS SM Share"
These 3 WTs are mapped to GL 79202095 Insurance Claims Paid Contra.
2) 1 reimbursement Wage Type to be used for MIP when the insurance provider reimburses to the Staff the Medical
Claim through the UN (generally in field countries where the insurance provider may not easily be able to disburse
directly to the staff member):
- WT# 6173: "MIP Claim Reimbursement"
The WT is mapped against GL 79202090 - Insurance Claims Paid
HR: TM - Time Management
INTTRK-9649 (13 May 2016)
The User Fields for Projects have been updated to reflect the correct entries in ECC. The same User Fields shown in ECC tcode cj20n should also show in BI now.
INTTRK-9602 (13 May 2016)
In some cases, when a Time Approver (Time Manager or HR Partner) selects an Absence/Attendance type in the Approver Work Center for action, the record displayed may sometimes be a different record than that of the one
selected. This issue has been resolved.
IN: BW - Business Warehouse
INTTRK-9616 (10 May 2016)
The User Fields for Projects have been updated to reflect the correct entries in ECC. The same User Fields shown in
ECC tcode cj20n should also show in BI now.
SC: LE - Logistics Execution
INTTRK-9395 (11 May 2016)
For PDCS, a new storage location 1711 has been created to accommodate the requirement of cost recovery - the
new storage location 1711 is mapped to Fund 10 RCR.
SC: SA - Source to Acquire
INTTRK-8661 (13 May 2016)
Update of development which facilitates Fixed Asset identification/creation on Shopping Carts - this modification
will ensure that Materials/Product IDs defined as Fixed Assets, can be used with an ''''Unfunded'' account assignment
for the purposes of establishing SRM Contracts.