Will a staff member in the General Service category receive an assignment grant if they serve on a temporary assignment in the Field Service category?

Yes, if they have been authorized to proceed on travel involving relocation on initial appointment, assignment or transfer they may receive an assignment grant with the amount of the grant differing depending on the type of appointment held and the length of appointment. For temporary assignments of less than one year they will receive 30 days of DSA for themselves only. There is no lump sum payment. > Open the Assignment Grant HR Factsheet > Open the Temporary Movement Between Duty Stations HR Factsheet