I am internationally recruited staff member currently residing in Nairobi and working with a UN fund and programme (e.g. UNDP). I have been selected for a fixed-term appointment by UNEP, an entity that is part of the UN Secretariat. Will I receive an assi

Staff members who have been authorized to proceed on travel involving relocation on initial appointment, assignment or transfer may receive an assignment grant. The amount depending on the type and length of appointment. The grant is not payable if you are recruited from the area within commuting distance of the duty station unless you can demonstrate that it was necessary for you to change accommodation as a direct consequence of the appointment with the Secretariat. Commuting distance is determined specifically for each duty station. For example, at UN Headquarters in New York, the area within a 50 mile radius from Columbus Circle is considered commuting distance.