Due to family reasons, I cannot travel back to my home country soon after my separation. Can I defer my entitlement to be paid the repatriation grant?

It is possible to request a deferral of the repatriation grant to a later period. Such request should be submitted as soon as possible in advance of your separation from the Organization and will be reviewed and approved by the Office of Human Resources Management or the local HR Office as applicable. Deferral of this entitlement can be approved for a period of up to two years.