Do I need to provide supporting documents when editing or adding new dependents?

You need to add supporting documents as attachments to the request whenever necessary (e.g.  marriage certificate for a new spouse, birth certificate for a new-born).  You also need to present official documents to your HR partner to certify the copies and add to your official status file.  As a staff member you need to keep the originals for a period of 5 years.