Can I work for the UN again after my retirement?

Retired staff members who are above their mandatory age of separation can be employed by the Organization on temporary appointment or as an individual contractor or as a consultant. Please consult the HR Handbook for details on the conditions that apply. When such employment is approved, it can begin only after at least three months has elapsed since the date of retirement.